What is the Boldmere Bear Legacy Fund?
We're raising money for the Boldmere Bear Legacy Fund.
The Legacy Fund will help secure the Boldmere Bear’s future on our high street for years to come, as well as ensuring it remains at the heart of the community.
Alongside the maintenance costs, Boldmere Futures Partnership is looking to create an educational legacy that will inspire the local community to engage in arts and education projects. We will work in partnership with our local artist to deliver these educational sessions in local schools and to the community as a whole. These would be delivered through art, dance, music and history workshops. We would also like to produce a Boldmere history trail, signage and a teacher’s support pack.
As we are located by Europe’s largest natural parkland, we are also looking to link into projects and activities that promote health and wellbeing. We have total support from The Boldmere Bullets (our local cycle and running group) as well as other local sports and health groups.
Boldmere Bear Legacy Crowdfunder
Boldmere Futures Partnership is running a Crowdfunder until mid-November to help secure the long term legacy of Boldmere Bear and ensuring it remains at the heart of our community as a beacon of community spirit.
Please give what you can - click here to donate.
The Boldmere Bear Mega Summer Raffle
The Mega Summer Raffle, in association with Edge Menswear and H2O Services, is being launched at a special stand on Saturday 15th July on Boldmere high street.
Following that, tickets will remain on sale throughout the Big Sleuth at Age Concern, Boldmere Library, The Deli, The Garden Room at Halls Garden Centre, Harvester and Sportology.
Tickets are £1 each and the prize list totals over £700!
Winners will be drawn and notified on Saturday 23rd September. A list of winners will also be published here.
- Family ticket (1 adult + 3 children or 2 adults + 2 children) to Jack & the Beanstalk Christmas Pantomime at Sutton Town Hall (x6)
- £60 Los Banditos meal voucher
- ‘Totally Foofed’ Hair & Makeover package from Foofed, worth £65
- £50 Trilogy Salon voucher
- Boots makeup hamper worth £50
- £40 Los Banditos meal voucher
- £30 Kababish meal voucher
- £30 Sportology voucher
- Luxury picnic for two from The Deli
- £25 Edge Menswear voucher (x2)
- £25 Timpsons voucher
- £20 Harvester voucher
- Foofed voucher
- Afternoon tea for two at The Garden Room, Halls Garden Centre (x2)
- Lamb shank from Boldmere Butchers
- Coffee and cake for two at Costa Coffee
- Copy of Design for Life™, a beautiful, inspirational, thought provoking new self help book (x5)
- Complimentary cut and blow dry at Trilogy Salon
...and more to be announced!